Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Silvester! :)

I love it that in German, there´s a special word specifically for "New Year´s Eve". It´s Brilliant!

Today, being New Year´s Eve, I am cooking another HUGE meal. YAY. Miche and I have been menu planning for about 3 days, and are looking forward to cooking tonight. We we started by planning the sides we wanted to have, and figured they´d have some good looking meat at the grocery store...and we were right. Pork loins were on sale for 4-6 euros! Yay. I´m not sure I´ve ever had pork loin before, and I´m looking forward to it. We will be using this recipe for the pork loin, and then making Yorkshire Pudding as well as homemade mashed potatoes and vanilla pudding for dessert.

We´re then going to watch "Dinner for One", which I had never heard of before I studied in Germany. It´s a huge tradition here to watch it on New Year´s, and it´s playing at least 30 times this evening on TV (which isn´t all that much considering it´s only about 15 minutes long). After this, we´re going to watch a movie with friends, and then head out to watch fireworks around midnight. I´m really excited. This is my first New Years in Munich! I will update tomorrow or so with the results of our dinner and evening plans, and hopefully some pictures as well. Until then, I wish all of you a wonderful New Year´s Eve!

No comments: