Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Freude beim fahren...

This German saying hits on the head the way I’ve been feeling the past few days. "The joy of driving"! I hardly drove at all last year, or really the year before that, and am finally realizing how splendid it is to be able to drive. Sadly, gas prices are terribly high, so I can’t drive as often as I would like, but when I have the opportunity to drive, I really relish it. I’ve found I really love driving with bare feet...which I know is a "no no" in some states, but I enjoy doing it whenever I can.

Another funny thing I’ve noticed: I seem to get an adrenaline rush when I come up to a stop light...I’m not sure why. Perhaps I’m afraid the light will suddenly turn yellow on me as I approach at a rather quick speed...I’m not sure. Either way, it’s a funny feeling. This doesn’t make my driving experiences any less fun...just more exciting.

Either way, I’m thrilled to be driving again. My car has been dubbed "the Hitchcraft", and Kim and I came up with names for the mirrors in my car. Yes, I know...it’s odd. But, I’d like to think I’m just terribly creative...at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Suggesting that gas prices are high is an absurd and malicious lie! The problem, as you well should know, lies in the preponderance of dollar bills.




Oh, and I voted for the pie. I like pie. I have cheesecake all the damn time.